Today’s Holiday Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups soft butter
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup finely chopped almonds
- ½ cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted to remove any lumps
- 1 -2 tablespoons milk, cream or water
- Sliced almonds and dried cranberries or cherries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together into a large bowl. In the bowl of an electric mixer, on medium low, blend the butter and sugar together for 3 minutes until it is very light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, then blend in the sour cream and flavorings.
- With the machine running, add the dry ingredients gradually until the mixture is well blended, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Combine the streusel ingredients in a small bowl, breaking up any brown sugar lumps with the back of a spoon.
- Spoon about 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan and smooth with a rubber spatula. Add about half of the streusel mixture then repeat with the batter, streusel and ending with batter. Smooth the top with a rubber scraper and bake for 60-70 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a cooling rack for 20 minutes before turning out onto a serving platter to cool completely.
- Combine the glaze ingredients and drizzle over the cooled cake. Decorate with sliced almonds and dried cranberries or cherries as desired.
What is your favorite kind of cake?
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- Your Dump and Go Meal Plan - October 19, 2021
- 5 Reasons It’s Totally Okay to Eat Dessert for Breakfast - October 6, 2021
- 12 Healthy Casserole Recipes for Hectic Weeknights - October 5, 2021