No one does Southern food quite like Paula Deen. The infamous celebrity chef, known for her love of butter, has sparked plenty of controversy in her time. Love her or hate her, you can’t deny that she makes darn good food.
No matter the season, it’s always the perfect time to start cooking hearty casseroles with down-home flavors, just like Paula does it. AllFreeCasseroleRecipes has rounded up the best Southern-style recipes, many of which are either inspired by or come from delicious Paula Deen recipes. The Southern comfort in these recipes will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
14 Southern Recipes Inspired by Paula Deen
1. Just Like Paula Deen’s Mac and Cheese (pictured, left): A simple homemade Cheddar cheese sauce and buttery biscuits give this mac and cheese Southern flair. Test Kitchen-approved!
2. Best Ever Southern Peach Cobbler: Peaches, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg come together for a sweet treat.
3. Bobby Deen’s Favorite Goulash: This one-pot wonder is chock-full of ground beef, macaroni, and lots of flavor.
4. Sweet Corn Spoonbread (pictured, right): Similar to corn pudding, this southern recipe would be great for a potluck.
5. Paula Deen-Inspired Mexican Chicken Casserole: Hearty, Tex-Mex ingredients that Paula would love, plus it’s done in 30 minutes. Great weeknight dinner option!
6. Chicken Noodle and Dumpling Casserole: If chicken noodle soup and chicken and dumplings had a child, this would be it.
7. Deep South Shrimp and Grits Casserole (pictured, left): It doesn’t get much more Southern than grits. This flavorful casserole is a must-try.
8. Caramel Apple Crumble Bars: Full of fall flavor, these bars are adapted from a popular Paula Deen recipe.
9. Biscuit Pudding: An old-fashioned Southern recipe just like your grandma used to make.
10. Biscuits and Gravy Pot Pie (pictured, right): Made with just 5 ingredients, this is a hearty dish for breakfast or dinner.
11. Oven-Fried Buttermilk Chicken and Gravy: Paula is known for her fried chicken. Now, you can make an oven-baked version, complete with gravy!
12. Paula Deen-Inspired Orange Blondies: Another one of Paula’s dessert recipes made with a new spin. You’ll love the sweet citrus flavors and creamy frosting.
13. Country-Style Casserole (pictured, left): Hash browns and chicken are true comfort food in this bake. An excellent family dinner recipe!
14. Shepherd’s Pie with a Southern Twist: No Southern table would be complete without cornbread. The South shakes things up with this variation on shepherd’s pie that puts the mashed potatoes on the bottom and has a decadent layer of cornbread on top.
BONUS RECIPE Paula’s Southern Apple Butter: This amazingly delicious spread can go on just about anything.
If you’re looking for additional Southern recipes, check out our collection of 26 Easy Southern Food Recipes!
Want more Paula Deen? You can see her in action again! The Paula Deen Network premiered the first episodes of her brand new online show in September 2016. To tune in, you’ll need to pay for a subscription. In the meantime, you can enjoy homemade Southern food that’s simplified so that it’s easy for anyone to make it.
Are you going to watch the Paula Deen Network?