It’s spring, it’s spring, it’s spring! Can you tell I’m just a teeny tiny bit excited about the arrival of warm weather and the return of sunshine? After a very doom and gloom winter, filled with lots of heavy dishes, I am just so ready for everything that spring has to offer. And that includes food, of course! Whether I’m going on a picnic in the park or am just enjoying an outdoor meal with my family, I just can’t get enough of deliciously fresh spring meals.
Seeing the sun (finally!) this week got me thinking about one of my all-time favorite spring treats… Jello! Yes, Jello. There’s something about its light consistency and fun-to-eat flair that just makes me happy. It’s the perfect spring food. Since I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one here who likes a good Jello dessert, I thought I’d break out one of my top Jello recipe picks from our archives. This yummy Layered Jello Delight is a breeze to whip up and is a beautiful treat to serve for a spring potluck or get-together with family and friends. Keep reading to find out how to make this awesome Jello dessert!
Layered Jello Delight
- 2 (3-ounce) boxes of raspberry gelatin
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) tub whipped topping, divided
- 6 glass dessert dishes
- Mix the contents of one of the gelatin boxes with one cup of boiling water and stir to dissolve. Add one cup of cold water and stir.
- Divide the gelatin evenly among the dessert dishes, about 3-3.5 ounces per dish. Place in the refrigerator for 2-2.5 hours, enough time for the gelatin to solidify as you will be adding another layer on top.
- For the second box of gelatin, add powder to one cup of boiling water and stir to dissolve. Combine the gelatin mixture and the cream cheese in a blender or food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add 1/2 cup of cold water, pulse to combine, then add half of the whipping topping. Pulse everything together until smooth and pour on top of the gelatin in the 6 dessert dishes.
- Chill in the refrigerator until firm then top off with remaining whipped topping. You can serve as is or garnish with a few sprinkles or even some fresh raspberries!
What’s your favorite treat to make with Jello?