So I’m hearing that today is National Chocolate Day, now I don’t know who makes this stuff up but I’ll tell you one thing – I’ll take it! I don’t need much of an excuse to make something with chocolate, or for that matter eat something made of chocolate.
One of my favorite chocolate desserts is pretty simple actually – chocolate mousse, I love almost any kind of chocolate mousse. I’m not talking just some silly little pudding, I’m talking creamy, silky, rich, to-die-for chocolate mousse. So, in honor of â€œNational Chocolate Dayâ€ I’m going to share a super easy version of chocolate mousse that anybody can make at home.
Plus I’ve offered couple tips on how you can make the lower fat version of this as well.
I highly recommend you try this out yourself, I swear by it. Now time to dig into some chocolate heaven:
Recipe: Super Easy Dark Chocolate Mousse
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate bar
- 2 cups Cool Whip (plus extra Cool Whip for garnish) (you can try low-fat Cool Whip)
- 1/2 cup marshmallows
- 1/4 stick butter (or butter substitute, I use yogurt butter)
- 3 tablespoons orange liquor (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup chocolate shavings (for garnish)
- mint leaves for garnish
- In a large, heavy pan add butter, marshmallows and chopped up chocolate.
- Melt on a very low flame, stirring occasionally.
- Once melted remove from heat and let cool.
- Mix Cool Whip, vanilla, (and liquor if desired) in a bowl.
- Now fold slowly into the chocolate mixture.
- Serve in individual little bowls; top with a spoonful of whip cream and garnish with chocolate shaving and nuts (if desired).
- Quick and Easy Dinner Idea: Four-Ingredient OMG Chicken - November 25, 2020
- 4 Turkey Leftover Recipes That Aren’t Turkey Sandwiches - November 20, 2020
- Make-Ahead Baked Eggnog French Toast Recipe - November 16, 2020