Cookies are really fun and yummy, but what makes them even more fun is when they are in the shape of something. Try making a heart shaped cookie with M & M’s on top. That sounds so fun and delicious to me. Make a sweetheart cookie for your sweetheart!
Here’s what you need:
* 1 cup margarine, softened
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 2 teaspoon vanilla
* 2 cup rolled oats, uncooked
* 1 1/4 cup unbleached flour
* 2 cup M&Ms. plain chocolate candy
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Lightly spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine margarine, sugar, and vanilla.
4. In another mixing bowl, combine oats and flour.
5. Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients just until moistened.
6. Divide dough in half.
7. Pat each half of dough into heart shape about 1/4″ thick on prepared baking sheets.
8. To decorate, gently press M&M’s into dough in a pattern or phrase of your choice.
9. With a sharp knife, cut through dough to form 10 random shapes.
10. Do not separate.
11. Bake for 18 minutes or until lighly browned.
12. Carefully cut through pieces again to separate.
13. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet.
14. Remove and cool completely on wire rack.
15. NOTES : The serving size depends on how big you decide to cut out the shapes.
16. This recipe makes two 10″ heart shaped cookie puzzles.