As you all know, I am a cookie fanatic. I love eating cookies; others call me the cookie monster. I love trying new cookies or original ones. I came across this swiss mocha cookie and I can’t wait to try it. I love chocolate so to add mocha to a cookie sounds so delicious to me. There’s even white chocolate drizzled on top! Here is the recipe:
* 2 ounce bittersweet chocolate
* 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs softened butter, divided
* 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder or a shot of espresso
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 13/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1 large egg
* 3 ounce white chocolate (for the drizzle)
1. Melt chocolate and 2 tablespoons butter over low heat, add espresso powder and stir until disolved.
2. Remove from heat, add vanilla, let cool to room temperature.
3. Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
4. Cream together butter and sugar, add egg, then chocolate.
5. Add dry ingredients gently and chill 1/2 hour.
6. Preheat oven to 375.
7. Roll dough into 1″ balls and set 3″ apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Flatten with the tines of a fork dipped in sugar (I found that a gravy whisk makes a great rosette — ed).
9. Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until set and remove immediately to wire racks.
10. When cool, drizzle them if you like.
If you like this recipe, you might also like almond bark drop cookies and bake-not brownie bars.
- Your Dump and Go Meal Plan - October 17, 2020
- 5 Reasons It’s Totally Okay to Eat Dessert for Breakfast - October 6, 2020
- 12 Healthy Casserole Recipes for Hectic Weeknights - October 4, 2020