Do you love dessert but are worried about packing on all those calories? I know I am! Well I’ve got a treat for you. Thanks to a recent contribution from The Biggest Loser Dessert Cookbook, Authored by Devin Alexander, you can enjoy sweets without so much guilt.
Jiggle-No-More Gingerbread Truffles
Yields: 12 truffles
As Devin says in her cookbook, “This truffle mixture is sticky, so I recommend you remove any rings before shaping the truffles. Though the process is a bit messy, trust me that the end result is so delicious, you’ll quickly agree it’s worth it!”
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Two pinches ground cloves
- Two pinches ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup + 2 1/2 tablespoons old fashioned oats, divided
How you make, directions:
- Place the dates in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a chopping blade.
- Process them until they are very finely chopped and stick together.
- Add the molasses, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg and process until well combined, stopping the processor to scrape down the sides of the bowl, intermittently, with a spatula if necessary.
- Add 2/3 cup oats and process until the oats are slightly chopped and the mixture sticks together (do not over-process the mixture at this point or it will become extremely sticky and very difficult to work with). With a spatula, transfer the mixture to a small mixing bowl.
- Place the remaining 2-1/2 tablespoons of oats on a large plate.
- Divide the truffle mixture into 12 equal amounts (about 1 tablespoon each). Shape each into a ball.
- Gently roll the truffles, one at a time, in the oats, making sure the outside is coated.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight plastic container for up to 3 days.
Each (2 truffle) serving has: 151 calories, 3 g protein, 34 g carbohydrates (24 g sugar), <1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 3 mg sodium
This recipe was reprinted from The Biggest Loser Dessert Cookbook by Devin Alexander (c) 2010 by Universal Studios Licensing LLLP. The Biggest Loser (TM)and NBC Studios, Inc., and Reveille LLC. Permission granted by Rodale, Inc., Emmaus, PA 18098. Available wherever books are sold.
Devin Alexander is a healthy chef, television personality and the bestselling author of numerous cookbooks including the brand new THE BIGGEST LOSER DESSERT COOKBOOK available now wherever books are sold. For more information please visit http://www.devinalexander.com.
Like this recipe? Then stay posted for more information about a chance to win your very own copy of The Biggest Loser Dessert Cookbook! Details coming soon.
In the mean time, check out some more delicious and easy recipes for dessert, like these Top 10 Easy Cool Whip Desserts.
Have a great night!
- Your Dump and Go Meal Plan - October 17, 2020
- 5 Reasons It’s Totally Okay to Eat Dessert for Breakfast - October 6, 2020
- 12 Healthy Casserole Recipes for Hectic Weeknights - October 4, 2020