If you love to cook, you probably leave the grocery store with a whole lot of bags. If you live on a third floor walk-up or your joints are just getting old, it can be tough to carry all those groceries inside. Even if you’re living in a house, the porch steps can be a tiring and sometimes dangerous obstacle.
Back in the day, my mom used to make fun of me when I tried to carry too many bags in at once. She refers to it as a “lazy man’s load.” It’s true – you’ll carry more than you can handle just because you want to get it over with. But carrying everything at once is really not great for your body, or for the eggs you drop on the ground.
It doesn’t have to be such a chore to bring in your groceries when you have the right tool to take the load off! That’s why your friends at AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes.com recommend the UpCart Handcart, a foldable cart that can transport up to 100 pounds of groceries or items upstairs.
The way the wheels are set up on this cart, you can pull it upstairs with no problem! Plus, the Upgrade Bag attachment allows you to enclose any items safely, attached to the cart. We’re giving a UpCart Handcart and Upgrade Bag away to one lucky reader. See contest details below.
Watch Your Back! Tips for Carrying Groceries Safely
- Keep bags and items close to your body to avoid strain.
- Carry items on your back rather than on the side of your body – side bags put pressure on your spine. Backpacks and carts take the stress off your back.
- When you have to carry items on your side, switch sides often to balance the stress on your muscles.
- Don’t bend at your waist when picking up items; squat when possible. Keep your back straight.
- It’s important to exercise regularly to keep your arms, core and back strong.
The UpCart is a one-of-a-kind handcart that helps carry up to 100 pounds of groceries, boxes, and more! The unique design allows the cart to easily move up and down flights of stairs. The UpGrade Bag is an attachment that can hold all of your items in an enclosed bag.