When you hear the word “peanut,” what’s the first thing you think of? Peanut butter? Jimmy Carter? And jelly? Well, in honor of National Peanut Month (that’s March, you know), we’ve put together a collection of 12 tasty peanut recipes.
From sweet to savory, the peanut is perfect for plenty of recipes including the traditional, like Grandma’s peanut butter cookies. These are delicious, rich peanut butter cookies, just like your grandma used to make. Try these peanut butter cookies today.
Cooking Time: 10 min
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat peanut butter and margarine until smooth. Beat in sugars until blended.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture; beat until well blended. If necessary, refrigerate dough. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Dip in sugar. Place 2 inches apart, sugar side up, on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten with fork dipped in sugar, making crisscross pattern.
- Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove; cool completely on wire rack. Store in tightly-covered container.
Looking for something a little more unusual in a peanut recipe? Try these pork lettuce wraps. One of the best pork chop recipes, this simple twist on the classic sandwich is delicious and perfect for those watching their carbs. This pork recipe pleases all.
Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 package seasoned pork coating mix (like shake & bake)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 12 large lettuce leaves
- 3/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Combine coating mix, sesame seeds and ginger. Coat chops with mixture, place in a baking dish.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through. Cool.
- Cook mayo, peanut butter, water, honey, soy and ginger in small saucepan on medium heat until warmed through. Pour into small bowl and place in the center of a platter.
- Slice pork chops. Arrange lettuce, carrot, onions and pork around sauce on platter. Roll up your own lettuce wraps and serve with dipping sauce.
Check out our full collection of 12 tasty peanut recipes!
- Your Dump and Go Meal Plan - October 17, 2020
- 5 Reasons It’s Totally Okay to Eat Dessert for Breakfast - October 6, 2020
- 12 Healthy Casserole Recipes for Hectic Weeknights - October 4, 2020