The holiday season can get expensive, and it’s often stressful planning your holiday party menu if you’re hosting this year. We’ve got delicious and easy holiday party ideas on AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes.com that are sure to help in your holiday entertaining preparation. From dips and finger foods, to sweets and drinks, we’ve got you covered!
Among slow cooker appetizer recipes, our readers can’t get enough meatballs! And, why not? Meatballs are budget-friendly, savory, and so easy to grab and pop in your mouth with the help of a toothpick. One of our readers’ favorite recipes is for Slow Cooker Party Meatballs. Because our readers can’t get enough, the editors at AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes decided to adapt and cook up a batch of our very own, with our recipe for Our Version of Slow Cooker Party Meatballs .We’re sharing this recipe with you, so you can share it with all of your holiday guests.
Our Version of Slow Cooker Party Meatballs
- 1 (28-ounce) bag frozen meatballs
- 1 (18-ounce) jar grape jelly
- 1 (12-ounce) jar chili sauce (use about 6 ounces)
- 1 (18-ounce) bottle of BBQ sauce
- 1 large vidalia onion, chopped
- Chop or mince onion to desired-sized pieces.
- Place chopped onion on the bottom of your slow cooker insert.
- Stir together grape jelly, BBQ sauce, and chili sauce in separate bowl until thoroughly blended.
- Add sauce to slow cooker insert and combine with onions until blended.
- Add meatballs to slow cooker and stir until meatballs are coated.
- Cook the meatballs in sauce for 6 to 8 hours on HIGH or 2 to 2 1/2 hours on LOW until meatballs are cooked through. Stir occasionally.
*This recipe was adapted from our reader favorite recipe for Slow Cooker Party Meatballs.
**Onions are optional. If you include them, it’s suggested to serve the meatballs, cocktail-style, without the onions. They can be used simply to add flavor to the sauce.
What’s your favorite holiday party recipe?