If you want to make a breakfast dish or brunch that’s guaranteed to make anyone who eats it squeal in delight, then make this To Die For French Toast. It’s a breakfast recipe like no other, courtesy of Royal Oak Farm Orchard in Harvard, IL. It’s known to be one of their most popular breakfast recipes and will likely soon be yours. Try this french toast recipe yourself, you won’t regret it!
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/c cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 Granny Smith apples (peeled and sliced)
- 9 slices of french bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
How you make it:
- Melt the butter. Stir in the cinnamon, brown sugar and syrup.
- Put in apples and saute for a few minutes.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 pan, put bread slices on top of apple mixture.
- Mix eggs, vanilla and milk together, pour over bread, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate over night.
- When ready to cook: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes (for a conventional oven, bake a little lower temp).
- Flip upside down when serving.
And there you have it! You are now ready to wow your family with a dazzling breakfast treat, or spice up your brunch by making french toast recipes like this one that are simply to die for.
Be sure to check out other fabulous breakfast recipes in this collection of 8 Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipes.
- 10 BBQ and Grill Recipes to Drool Over This Summer - June 13, 2021
- The Ultimate No Bake Dessert: Stuffed Strawberries - June 4, 2021
- 14 Memorial Day Desserts For Every Cookout - May 25, 2021