Chocolate will never cease to exist. It will always be the King of Sweets. If you are looking for a quick pick-me-up, the caffeine in it will make you alert. Some think of chocolate as being an aphrodisiac as well. But let’s be honest, do we really need to have a reason? You don’t have to be a closet choc-aholic because we are all chocolate lover addicts at heart!
Now, that I got you all revved up about chocolate, let’s use it in some dessert recipes! I have cultivated the top 10 chocolate dessert recipes that will flip your lid!
- Betty Crocker Oreo Cookie Cake
- Black Forest Chocolate Mousse
- Samoa White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Chocolate Oblivion Truffle Torte
- French Silk Chocolate Pie
- Yummy Chocolate Fondue
- How to Make White Chocolate Oreo Bark
- Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
- A Semi Sweet Triple Chocolate Cookie
- Milky Way Candy Bar Cake (See the full recipe below)
This recipe is my favorite of the top 10 chocolate dessert recipes because it is intense chocolate overload.
Milky Way Candy Bar Cake
- 6 regular size Milky Way bars
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter (or margarine)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 bar German sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Over low heat, melt Milky Way bars and ½ cup butter. Set aside.
- Cream other ½ cup of butter with sugar and eggs; mix well. Add flour, baking soda, buttermilk and vanilla; stir well.
- Add Milky Way mixture and beat with mixer until batter is all one color.
- Pour into greased and floured Bundt-style pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- In small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter with water. Combine sugar and salt and gradually stir in chocolate mixture. Add vanilla and spread on cake.
Want even more dessert recipes? Check out 18 Best Warm, Sticky, and Gooey Desserts!