It’s almost that time for families to gather around the table and enjoy a big Thanksgiving feast. One food that will likely be making an appearance is cranberry sauce or some may call it cranberry salad.
I remember as a kid, my grandma would open up a can of cranberry sauce and slice it up and put it on the table. I never touched it, the shear looks of it were enough for me, I think it may have scarred me for life.
Then, I became a food blogger and see so many different variations of recipes that use cranberries, there may be hope for me yet. Today I’m going to share with you my top 5 cranberry recipes that would be perfect additions to your Thanksgiving table.
Top 5 Ways to Make Cranberry Sauce
1. Cranberry Apples – This is my mom’s recipes that we have each year now, the nuts on top are optional; however, it is a great way to have a cranberry sauce with a little texture to it.
2. Canned Cranberry Sauce – This is for all those that do appreciate canned cranberry sauce, this is a simple homemade version.
3. Orange Cranberry Sauce – This is a nice way to add a twist to the traditional sauce by adding a little orange flavor.
4. Cranberry Salsa – Here is a twist, how about cranberry salsa as an appetizer with a few chips? Or maybe given a different taste to your turkey?
5. PW Cranberry Sauce – I have no doubts this sauce would be nothing short of amazing, maple syrup? I think this one just went on my list.
These are my top 5 ways to eat cranberry sauce for this holiday season. How will you be fixing your cranberry sauce?
Kristy Still is the creator of Mommy Hates Cooking, wife to a loving husband and mother to an energy filled toddler. She realized after her son was born that her cooking skills were going to have to go up a notch to keep healthy food on the table for her family. There was only one problem, she hates cooking. She ended up making the decision to start her own blog as an attempt to find motivation and share her trials with others. To learn more about Kristy be sure to check out her featured foodie profile on RecipeLion.
Latest posts by RecipeChatter (see all)
- Three Easy Recipes to Make a Complete Fancy French Meal - September 25, 2019
- Flipping Our Fins Over This Easy Mermaid JELL-O Dessert - August 3, 2019
- Pokémon Go Inspired Cookies Recipe - August 2, 2019