While I love when the holidays roll around, they’re very stressful when it comes to planning big meals. I’ve been asking myself, “What should I serve for Easter dinner?”
Luckily, our site has some great Easter dinner recipes, Easter dessert recipes and some fabulous traditional Easter recipes for brunch. In fact, we have entire collections of recipes for the holiday, including 12 Easy Easter Recipes Plus Bonus Recipe Easter Eggs, 14 Fantastic Easter Dessert Recipes, and 14 Easter Brunch Menu Ideas. In addition, we have some awesome Easter e-cookbooks: 17 Excellent Easter Recipes Free eCookbook and “Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs and Egg Recipes” Free eCookbook.
One of my favorite recipes comes from our collection of 12 Easy Easter Recipes Plus Bonus Recipe Easter Eggs. I liked the recipe for Cherry Easter Biscuits, which can be a great side with any number of main dish recipes. I just love dried cherries and get very excited at any excuse to use them. Not to mention, they make these biscuits very pretty, with a hint of sweetness and tartness.
Here’s a closer look at the recipe for Cherry Easter Biscuits:
Recipe: Cherry Easter Biscuits
Summary: Easter recipes are always fun to make, and these cherry Easter biscuits are no exception. They are delicious, and they are the perfect accompaniment to any breakfast or brunch menu. They make a great snack or side with lunch or dinner, too. Enjoy them all year.
- Ingredients 4 ounces (110g) butter
- 3 ounces (75g) caster sugar plus 1-2 tablespoons for sprinkling
- 1 egg, separated
- 7 ounces (200g) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 ounces (75g) dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas 6.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a bowl and beat in the egg yolk.
- Sift the flour, ginger and cinnamon together into the creamed mixture.
- Add the dried cherries.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out to 1/4-inch (1/2 cm) thickness. Use a 3-inch (8cm) cutter to cut out 12 biscuits.
- Place on the sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Lightly beat the egg white.
- Remove biscuits from the oven, brush with egg white.
- Sprinkle with caster sugar, bake for a further 5 minutes until golden.
Cooking time (duration): 15 min
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
12 Easy Easter Recipes Plus Bonus Recipe Easter Eggs. I particularly like the recipes for Easter Ham with Peach Glaze and Easter Lamb with Garlic and Herbs.
If you have a slow cooker, you might consider cooking one of your dishes in the slow cooker to free up your oven. For instance, our sister site AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes.com also has a collection of 11 Slow Cooker Easter Dinner Recipes that could help you in planning your meal. I think the recipes for Easy Slow Cooker Lamb Shanks and Apricot Lemon Chicken look like they’re out of this world!
I also really like these spring and Easter recipes from the blogosphere:
Melissa from The Alchemist has a colorful recipe for Fruity Spring Cereal Squares.
Hank from Hunter Angler Gardener Cook has a creative recipe for Venison Meat Pies for Easter.
Andrea from Cooking Books has an irresistible recipe for Roasted Fresh Ham with a Maple-Spice Glaze.
I found these amazing Cadbury Cream Egg Cupcakes on the blog Homemade by Holman.
Dana from Go Lightly Gourmet has a colorful side dish, Baby Carrots in Lime Ginger Butter.
- 10 Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes: Change Up Your Menu for Fall - October 25, 2020
- 24 Meaty Slow Cooker Recipes: Dinner Choices For Your Family - October 23, 2020
- The Best Slow Cooker Soups—Ever - October 15, 2020