For those whose religious affiliations have you taking part in Lent (or maybe you’re just showing solidarity for friends who are and are joining in) we’ve got some great ideas on how to spice up those meatless Fridays, or even for today on Ash Wednesday. Kick off the season right. No need to stick to just salads or bean and rice dishes, I say have some tacos. Yes tacos! Thanks to our friends at SeaPak for providing us with another yummy recipe, I’ve got these very tasty Baja Popcorn Fish Tacos for you to try. This fish recipe is so simple, so incredibly easy and I swear it’s also crazy delicious.
I know it’s not your typical taco recipe, but now’s the time to break out of your box and explore new ideas, I mean you’re giving up meat for the day right? (And for some it’s more than just 1 day a week) so new ideas are good, diversity is good!
So go ahead and give this recipe below a try. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it. Off to lunch for me!
Baja Popcorn Fish Tacos
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 8-10 tacos
- 1 (22 ounce) package SeaPak Popcorn Fish, frozen
- 8-10 soft flour, heated according to package directions (can substitute crispy corn tortillas)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag of fresh slaw (or 1/2 head of shredded cabbage)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 Tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped (optional)
- Juice from 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Taco sauce (recipe below)
For SeaPak’s Tasty Taco Sauce
- 8 ounce sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1.25 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Bake Popcorn Fish according to package instructions.
- Mix sour cream, ranch dressing and taco seasoning. (You can use a little milk to thin the sauce if desired). Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Place slaw (or shredded cabbage), mandarin oranges, black beans, avocado, cilantro in a large bowl.
- Place lime juice and honey in a small bowl and stir together. Pour over slaw mixture and toss until well mixed and coated .
- Assemble tacos. Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of taco sauce onto a tortilla. Add slaw mixture and top with a hot popcorn fish. Serve immediately.
There’s plenty more easy and of course delicious ideas for getting through this Lenten season without getting bored with you food. Like this Easy Lemon Baked Fish, or try some savory 8 Vegetable Stew. Also for some fun ideas for dipping fish into check out SeaPaks’s Chipotle Dipping Sauce.
Enjoy, get inventive and have a great Lenten season, spring’s almost here everybody!
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- 15 Classic Dessert Recipes with a Twist: Cakes, Cookies, and More Everyone will Love - September 21, 2020
- Welcome Fall With These 10 Best Apple Desserts - September 20, 2020
- 12 Comfort Casseroles to Welcome Fall - September 7, 2020