It’s funny how during the winter, we really want to escape the confines of our homes and get away from the TV… yet when summer hits, we’re addicted to binge-watching new releases and re-runs! Charlie Chaplin once said “I don’t believe the public knows what it wants,” and this is just one example of that. We are TV fiends, and we need some weird recipes to go along with it.
Personally, I can’t drag myself away from Netflix this month. There are so many good releases on there, like Orange Is The New Black! There’s plenty of great old shows being added, too. It’s hard to resist, especially after a long day of work. (It might be slightly easier to resist if Chicagoland wasn’t having a super rainy June.)
With every good binge-watching session comes a delicious homemade dinner and quick dessert. After all, it cuts down on snacking if you prepare a quick easy dinner to enjoy with your show of choice. Just like we enjoy classic recipes, we’re fans of classic TV shows too. Old shows like Gilligan’s Island were light-hearted escapism at its finest! Check out our collection of TV-inspired recipes for your next Netflix binge.
14 TV-Inspired Recipes For Your Netflix Binge
- West Wing Worthy White House Dinner
- Downton Abbey Lemon Tart
- Mad Men Old Fashioned Cocktail
- Ramen Noodle Salad Inspired by Orange Is The New Black
- Boy Meets World Pizza Casserole
- Gilmore Girls Better Than Takeout Honey Sesame Chicken
- Brains for Walking Dead Fans
- Aunt Bee’s Sour Cream and Cheese Potatoes
- Ricky’s Favorite Dinner on I Love Lucy – This one needs no ‘splaining.
- Gilligan’s Island Cake
- Leave It To Beaver Dinner
- Happy Days Diner Meatloaf
- Ultimate Cowboy Casserole for The Lone Ranger
- The Brady “Brunch”