My absolute favorite breakfast food has always been french toast. As a young kid, french toast was a real treat. Little did I know that it was my mom’s way of getting rid of slightly stale bread at the end of a long week. French toast comes in so many varieties as well like Cheesecake French Toast, King’s Hawaiian Strawberry French Toast or even French Toast Casserole. This recipe I cooked up uses Nestle Coffemate Fat Free Vanilla Caramel Creamer and no eggs, so it is a delicious low calorie version of the breakfast food you love. Add even extra nutrition by adding Flax seed meal to the recipe, your kids won’t even taste a difference.
Vanilla Caramel French Toast
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 4-6 minutes
- 1/2 loaf of French Bread, cut in 1/4″ slice
- 1/2 C Nestle Coffemate Fat Free Vanilla Caramel Creamer
- 1/2 C Milk or Soy Milk
- 2 T Flour
- 2 T Cornstarch
- 3 T Butter or Margarine
- 2 t Flaxseed Meal (optional)
- In a shallow dish add flour, cornstarch, and flaxseed meal if you are using it. Whisk these dry ingredients together.
- Add milk and Nestle Coffeemate Fat Free Vanilla Caramel Creamer and whisk to combine making sure there are no lumps.
- Dip french bread pieces in the mixture and place in dish in sit in the mixture for 15 minutes, flipping the pieces half way through.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Take pieces out of the shallow dish and place in heated skillet with melted butter. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Repeat with 2 more tablespoons of butter and the rest of the pieces.
Note: It is best to use stale bread for french toast, so leaving the bag slightly open the night before usually does the trick!
Try this quick and easy breakfast recipe that is healthy and packed with vanilla and caramel goodness.
Also be sure to go here and check out how you can win a prize package from Starbucks. Your last chance to enter is Sunday September 4th, good luck!
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- Erin Go Bragh! 15 St. Patrick’s Day Easy Dinner Recipes - March 6, 2020
- Crazy Cheap: 8 Budget-Friendly Potato Recipes - March 3, 2020
- How to Make the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies For Your Love - February 20, 2020