I’ve been making a mess lately. A sweet mess, to be exact. Hello, Linda here from Brunch-n-Bites with an easy breakfast recipe, perfect for Easter brunch or an everyday treat!
Two words, my friends: Breakfast Crepes. And they’re delicious. This crepes recipe is the new favorite for the hubs and I, for breakfast, lunch, and a few more layers after dinner. When you start making these crepes, you will notice that making those layers takes, um, a while, and you deserve that pat on the back for every dose of love you pour to your pancake pan. And if you feel annoyed waiting for your layers to get ready, I could totally understand.
However, at the end of the process, I pinkie promise that you will be rewarded for your time spent making this easy breakfast recipe in the best possible food way. The flavors bring summer explosion to your mouth, and I am so happy just thinking about it.
This breakfast crepes recipe was the perfect weekend brunch because my good friend, The Weekend, is right around the corner. However, it’s totally fine if you plan of making some on Monday. I’m just hoping with my fingers crossed that your day goes as sweet as this breakfast crepes.
You + crepes + berries. I see happy days ahead.
Very Berry Breakfast Crepes Recipe
- 100 gr flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbs butter, melted
- 15-oz ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- Mixed berries
- 1 tbs Nutella, melted, optional
- Chopped almonds, optional
- Crepe: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients and beat together until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately ¼ cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese and honey. Set aside.
- How to make: Lay one crepe skin, then add ricotta cheese, top with berries. Fold it into 1/4 round. Repeat and drizzle with Nutella.