It’s January and the record cold temperatures are upon us. If you’re looking for creative comfort food that’s attractive enough for entertaining, or you simply want to wow your family with a beautiful, tasty dish, stuffed bell peppers are a fabulous option!
Stuffed peppers recipes come in variety of options, including stuffed bell peppers with rice, ground beef stuffed bell peppers, vegetarian stuffed bell peppers, chicken stuffed bell peppers, Italian stuffed peppers and even vegan stuffed green peppers.
One of the more creative recipe options on the list of 8 is a recipe for Shrimp Stuffed Bell Peppers. Here’s a closer look at the recipe:
Cooking Time: 45 min
- 1 1/2 large onions, diced
- 4 green peppers
- 4 green onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to 4 cups bread crumbs
- 2 pounds shrimp, chopped
- Chicken stock
- Bread crumbs
- 1 can cream of shrimp soup
- Salt, pepper, red pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to taste
- 4 pats of butter
- 1/2 to 1 cup of grated cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut and dice tops of peppers and clean inside.
3. Place diced peppers, onions, and garlic in large skillet and saute until clear.
4. Add shrimp and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes on low-medium heat.
5. Add soup (undiluted) and 1/2 cup chicken stock.
6. Add seasonings and simmer.
7. When done add bread crumbs to mixture until proper consistency (not mushy, not dry).
8. Parboil peppers.
9. Spoon mixture into peppers and top with butter and bread crumbs.
10. Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 45 minutes.
11. Remove from oven and top with grated cheese and broil until brown.
Cooking Time: 8 hr
- 6 green peppers (select tall rather than wide ones)
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/3 cup uncooked rice
- 1 onion, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Chili powder
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
For the full recipe, click here.
For more stuffed pepper recipes you can make in a slow cooker, our sister site, AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes.com has some to choose from, such as our recipes for Meatless Stuffed Peppers and Slow Cooked Stuffed Peppers.
Let us know how your peppers turn out!