When it’s so frigid that the cold gets into your bones, it’s hard to think about anything else. You know what I’m talking about, especially if it snows where you live. That deep down, see-your-breath, frozen-nosehair, two-pairs-of-pants-aren’t-enough cold.
“You know the best part of winter? When it’s over.” – The Internet
Thankfully, there’s a cure. A wonderful, homemade cure straight from grandma’s kitchen: a soul-warming winter soup. One sip of a hearty, vegetable-laden soup, and you start to thaw. Two sips, and you’re toasty! Another great thing about soup is that it can often help your body fight off colds and infections with so many healthy ingredients.
RecipeLion.com has some of the most down-home, comforting winter soup recipes to get you through the bitter winter and warm you up, head to toes.
12 Hearty Winter Soups to Warm Your Bones
- Shipwreck Stew
- Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Savory Meatball Mushroom Soup
- Hearty Chicken and Barley Chili
- Janet’s Beef Stew
- Magic Soup – Great for dieters!
- King Ranch Chicken Soup
- Creamy Ham and Potato Chowder
- Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Soup
- Easy Vegetable Chowder
- Ham, Potato and Cabbage Soup
- Mishmash Gypsy Soup
What’s your go-to family recipe in the winter?
- Your Dump and Go Meal Plan - October 17, 2020
- 5 Reasons It’s Totally Okay to Eat Dessert for Breakfast - October 6, 2020
- 12 Healthy Casserole Recipes for Hectic Weeknights - October 4, 2020